Tourist Visa for USA
All about Tourist Visa for USA from India
The USA is a perfect dream destination to dig into its years old museums, falls, beaches and landscape beauty. If you are planning to unearth the country for its divine food and much more, you can be really close to it.
Plan for a holiday to the USA and bet it will be one of the best decisions of your life. However, before you do so- you will need a tourist visa to enter the USA.
The USA fascinates and proposes several reasons for travelers across the globe to visit the country. Indians at large travel to the U.S for holidays or to visit family and friends living there. Traveling USA for holiday is the idea which no other proposition could beat.
Documents required for the USA Tourist Visa
Nobody likes paperwork but, sometimes there’s no escape! Even when the purpose of travel is holiday and visit family or friends, you need a list of verified and mandatory documents that may include:
How to apply for a USA Tourist Visa?
There is a lot of hype about the US visa application and approval. The process is simple but the whole procedure may take some time. You can apply for a US tourist visa following simple steps.
- Download and fill the Visa Electronic Application Form (DS-160).
- Pay the required visa application fee.
- The candidate can then schedule the interview. Keep a few information handy like your passport number, CGI number of visa fee receipt and the ten (10) digit barcode number mentioned in confirmation page of DS-160
- Last, visit the U.S. Embassy on the date of interview. Do not forget to carry all your original documents printed and verified. Also, take the supporting documents along with.
USA Tourist Visa processing time
Getting a US visa is worth the wait. While you are busy building your own castles in the air, the embassy is on their toes to either approve of or cancel your application. If everything goes fine, embassy will take 3 to 5 days to process the visa and about 10 days for you to receive it.
BUSINESS OR TOURISM VISITOR VISA TO THE US
The US offers different types of short-visit visas for – business travelers, tourists, and future spouses.
- Those planning a short visit to the US – for business or tourism – might be required to get a US visitor or transit visa.
- The US visa to be applied for will be as per the purpose of visiting the US.
|B-1||Attend a conference,Consult with business associates,|
Negotiate a contract,
|B-2||For tourists on vacation and people coming to the US for participating in amateur contests or social events, or for taking medical treatment.|
|Transit C||For foreign nationals travelling through the US to another destination, stopping for a short time in the US while on their onward journey.|
|Transit C-1, D, and C-1/D||For crewmembers of international airlines or crewmembers of sea vessels traveling to the US.|
If an individual is engaged to a US citizen and planning to marry and live in the US, their fiancé(e) might be able to petition for a US K-1 visa on their behalf. The K-1 visa allows the visa holder to travel to the US to marry their fiancé(e) within 90 days of arriving. After marriage, they might apply for an adjustment of status to get US Green Card.
Y-Axis has helped thousands of people successfully apply for visas across the World. Our in-depth knowledge of the US visa process makes us the best option for you to file your US B2 visa application.
The B-2 visa is a non-immigrant US visa. The visa gives permission to individuals to enter the US for a short period either for tourism, recreation or for family visits.
B-visa holders can engage in the following activities when they are in the US:
- Come to the country on a holiday
- Visit the various cities in the country
- Visit their friends or family
- Take part in social events conducted by organizations
- Visit the country for medical treatment
- Participate in sports or music events
- Participate in short term courses
The UK visitor visa, also known as a standard visitor visa or UK tourist visa, allows foreign nationals to visit the UK as a tourist, for business, for study, and for other permitted activities for a short period of up to 6 months.
Before applying, we recommend checking if you require a visiting visa to the UK; this can be done on the Home Office website. Depending on your nationality, you may be able to come to the UK for up to 6 months without a visa.
To secure a UK Visit visa, you must meet certain eligibility requirements, for example, you must genuinely intend to leave the UK at the end of your stay, and you have enough money to cover the duration of your visit.
There are several types of UK Visit Visa catering for a range of purposes, including the Business Visitor Visa, Family Visitor Visa, Marriage Visitor Visa, General Visitor Visa, Permitted Paid Engagement Visa, and the Chinese Tour Group Visa.
Documents checklist for a UK Visitor visa
Below is a general document checklist that is usually required for UK Standard Visitor visa applications from India:
Eligibility Criteria for a UK Tourist Visa
To become eligible for the country’s most popular visa is listed below:
- The applicant intends to leave the country before his/her visa expires and should be able to sustain independently without accessing public funds throughout their trip.
- The applicant is able to prove his/her activities and that they intend to ensure within the country’s territory under the comprehensive list of visa Rules.
- The applicant must have a clean criminal record.
- The applicant must possess good health and character.
Can a UK tourist visa be extended?
It is possible to extend a UK Standard Visitors Visa if the applicant’s total time spent in the UK is less than 6 months. For example, visa or visa-waiver holders who travelled to the country with a document valid for 3 months, can extend their stay for a further 3 months.
However, foreign citizens visiting the UK for tourism purposes can only remain in the UK for a maximum of 180 days at a time. To stay in the UK for longer or to work, they will require an alternative type of visa.
In most cases, the UK government can provide a Biometric Residence Permit for those who need to stay longer than 6 months. However, these are normally granted with your initial visa and do not always have to be applied for separately.
This is not expected to apply to the soon-to-launch UK ETA. This visa waiver is intended to be for multiple short trips to the UK.